Update on the insanity



Aside from my relationship status, a lot has changed in the last 30 days! So a quick run down on the insanity seems to be in order.

First of all, I am now a master of journalism! And I will only be addressed as such. Kidding, kidding. But I did finish my graduate program in mid-December and can (finally) check that dream off of my bucket list (yes, I have a bucket list and yes, getting a master's degree in journalism is on there). During the ceremony, I walked through the doors and immediately spotted my parents with Jared. It all felt so much more significant than a piece of paper and a new line on the resume. When I was living at my parent's house a few years ago, I would wake up early, say good morning to my dad as he read the news in his office and head to the basement, where my mom had set up a study area to cram for the GRE. Even when I was accepted and had moved to New York, she would listen to me vent and even sometimes cry from graduate school exhaustion. And Jared, oh Jared. At one point last winter the poor guy was giving me pep talks on an hourly basis. We both still talk about a night in March when he called me from the Wall Street subway stop to find I was having a breakdown, and the sweet man gave me some serious tough love. That guy won't let me get away with doubting myself. Graduate school was the hardest thing I have ever done. But I did it! With a lot of help, I did it.



And I have a job! Four days after walking across the stage to get my degree, I started working as an associate editor for TODAY.com. The job is better than anything I hoped for moving to New York, so I'm still pinching myself. Follow me on Twitter to see what I'm working on there.

And yes, I sing this song to myself daily as I walk to 30 Rock.

2 comments

  1. I am so so proud of all that you have achieved! Seriously your life is so fun! And I love your blog ... The end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I read a lot of interesting content here. Probably you spend a lot of time writing, i know how to save
    you a lot of time, there is an online tool that creates readable, google friendly articles in seconds, just type in google - laranitas free content
    source

    ReplyDelete